My name is Madi and this would be my blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

goalie but not really

I cannot tell you how much i missed soccer. there are no words to explain how much i missed this sport and its spot in my heart which like the rest of my body is so incredibly sore. but oh my gosh was a today a good day or what! I feel like im talking to myself since you obviously have no idea what i am talking about, so shall i explain?

So to start of my my day, i woke up at 6am to be at the feilds for my first sunday game. (Oh and I was playing in tournament, if that makes it more clear what im talking about). Well anyways, as i got to the feilds my un-so-friendly friend (refer to previous posts) was all Happy-Go-(insert name here) and I was tired, sore, and honestly just very very annoyed. So we get through warm up, which wasnt too bad but I was not becoming friends with this cold weather mother nature had brought us. The game starts, 30 minutes go by (its a 5v5 thats why it would be so short if you were wondering) and its a tie 1-1. Now fortunetly we were the wildcard pick therefor even though we had lost our saturday games we still could have the potentially slight "chance" of getting to the championship. So with the tie, we went into over time! 5 minutes and who ever has most points by the end of that 5 minutes, wins. You see, I am a defender. I have the joy of foot racing every fast as hell, good for everything forwards. Don't get me wrong I love defense but never do I get the chance to take the ball up and score atleast on a regular sized feild that is, or so i thought! Sophie drops the ball to Madi from the midfeild, Madi passes her first offender, gets it back to Sophie then runs up to the far corner, calls for it (!) Sophie passes and with a left footed shot she scores! And the crowd goes wild!! (for the record my apologies for being cocky, this doesnt happen often. or ever) But I speak to soon, and the Breakers score another two on our goal. But wait! Its tied again. Now we go into a pk shoot out. And sense we had no set goalie with us, ME out of all people get voted to be goalie.(apperently i was voted, most likely to want to dive in the mud?) Their first 3 goals go in, our first 3 go in. Bah! i cannot tell you how friggin nervous i was! I've never played goalie before and you have no idea how bad I would feel, if I lost that game for us. But the Breakers last kicker goes in, its tied. She Kickes it high, I dive for my life, and I block it! Never will i forget this day (haha sarcastic but not really)

After, I got to eat out and do some shoppin. goooooood day ya'all, good day.





I know this isn't much of a pump up song, but i've been listening to it all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment